Toledo City Council has prepared for 2018 an extensive program of activities aimed at all audiences that begins on 30 November with the lighting of lights in the Plaza de Zocodover. It will be completed with many other activities that we tell you below.
Video of the Christmas carol recorded by the RTVE Orchestra and Choir in Toledo on December 18, 2016
Numerous events over the next month, make up the program developed by the Consistory that will culminate next January 5 with the Three Kings Parade.On November 30 will open to the public the ice rink installed in the Paseo de Sisebuto, until January 13, 2019.
Christmas Lights 2016 in Toledo
The bridge of Alcántara and the bridge of San Martín, with new motives, have been added this year again to the Christmas decoration that also includes as a novelty the awning of lights in the street Hombre de Palo, giving continuity to this singular adornment, already consolidated as one of the attractions of these holidays. It has also incorporated an arch in the street Commerce also and have a special lighting doors Alfonso VI and Cambrón.
Highlights for Christmas 2018 in Toledo:
- 30 November at 8 p.m: Lighting of the Christmas lighting by the municipal authorities from Zocodover Square . Next, performance of ” Christmas Carols Band” in collaboration with the Conservatory of Music ” Jacinto Guerrero” . Chocolate for all attendees.
- 12 December: 18:00 h. CHRISTMAS PREGON .With the participation of the students of the Municipal School of Music ” Diego Ortiz” . Place: Teatro de Rojas. Organised by: Toledo City Council.
Free entrance until full capacity is reached.
- December 13: Concert ” SÔBER ” . 20:30 h.: Opening of doors. Place: Circulo de Artes. Free entrance. Local group: November /National group: SÔBER
- December 21 and 22: light and sound show ” Toledo tiene Estrella” at Puerta de Bisagra . It will be screened three times: at 19, 20 and 21 hours.
- Ice rink on the promenade of Sisebuto (la Vega) and ice slide. From 30/11/18 to 13/1/19.
- ” The heart of Christmas ” in the Town Hall Square, with a flea market and a traditional tiovivio, from 1 December to 6 January, from 11 am to 10 pm.
- Traditional crumbs of the 24th and 31st . Thousands of toledanos attend the bars that the different bars put in the streets on these two dates, in the Barrio de Santa Teresa and Polígono.
- December 20th. Barrio de Santa Teresa a la luz de las canelas . From 6 p.m.
- During all the festivals there will be numerous concerts, theatre and Culturel activities. We recommend to consult the program slowly.
- 31 December: in the Plaza de Zocodover farewell party of the year after the ” San Silvestre” and fireworks from the Alcázar.
- January 5, 2018: traditional Three Kings’ Cavalcade ending at Zocodover Square. Timetable and route:
- 18:00 h.: SS.MM HORSE. THE MAGIC KINGS OF THE EAST in TOLEDO.Exit: Buenavista Civic Center. Itinerary: Avenida de Portugal, Avenida de Barber, Avenida de la Reconquista, Puerta de Bisagra, Real del Arrabal, Venancio González and Plaza de Zocodover, where SS.MM. the Three Wise Men will be received by the Mayoress and the Municipal Corporation, followed by fireworks from the Alcázar. More information about the cavalcade in Toledo here.
Sure you’ll also be interested: Three Kings Cavalcade in Toledo 2019: timetable and route
Click here to download in PDF the official Christmas 2018 program in Toledo
Calle Comercio Navidad 2018. Decoration
The following is the complete programme of activities (Source: Toledo City Council)
Toledo City Council Promotional Video:
Guided tours of Toledo
And if at this time you want to do something different, discover the routes ” Toledo mágico” or ” Toledo subterráneo” that Visitas Guiadas Toledo offers in this link, or in this calendar of programmed routes:
You can book or consult these guided tours by clicking here: Toledo Routes
Christmas lighting in the Four Streets on 2/12/16
The activities of the Christmas Festivals begin, for which the City Council has developed a comprehensive program aimed at the family audience and where there will be theater, music, children’s games and, of course, the illusion of the Three Kings’ Parade as the culmination of these dates so marked. Go back to Toledo for Christmas!
Do you want to know ten things to do in Toledo during Christmas? Click here and read on.
Zocodover Square. Christmas 2018 Zocodover Square on 5 December 2018