Between 13 and 23 September, jazz concerts will be held in bars and cafés in Toledo, as well as in the Town Hall Square. This festival also features the III Toledo Lindy Hop Exchange, a musical date with swing.
” La Flor de la Esquina” , ” El Miradero” , ” La Terraza el Bú” , the ” Barco de Pasaje” and the ” Medieval” have joined this initiative contracting their own concerts that will take place between 13 and 15 September from 22.00 to 01.30 hours.
The concerts organized by the Department of Culture will be held between 19 and 23 September in the Town Hall Square and will be accompanied by a parade in the Old Town.
Parallel to these concerts scheduled by the municipal government, the city will host the III Toledo Lindy Hop Exchange between 21 and 23 September. A musical event related to the swing in which even the toledanos will be able to receive some brief reviews of this dance in the mornings that later will be enjoyed in nocturnal dances.
The programmed actions are as follows:
Jazz in venues:
- El Miradero: concerts by OMAR FELIPE TRIO on Thursday 13 and MICHAEL MARTIN JAZZZ QUARTET on Saturday 15.
- EL BÚ: Saturday 15th concert of DRUMCAT BLUESDRUM.
- LA FLOR DE LA ESQUINA: on Thursday 13th concert by MARTIN GARCIA QUARTET and on September 14th concert by DRUMCAT BLUES.
- EL MEDIEVAL: Thursday 13th concert by the Duo, Angel Nodal Piano and Diego Sanchez Saxo and Friday 14th concert by Al Trio Jazz.
- PASSENGER BOAT: FUNKO AND SEVEN-INCH MOTHER BAND on Friday 14th
Jazz in the street:
– 19 September with the concert of ROY BAY QUINTETO, in the Plaza del Ayuntamiento, at 22 hours.
– September 20 is scheduled the concert of DIEGO SANCHEZ QUINTETO, in the Plaza del Ayuntamiento at 22 hours.
– September 21 is scheduled to begin the event with participation of Swing Dance and amateur classes in the Plaza de Zocodover from 18:00 hours to 21.00 hours. Afterwards, the JAIME MARQUET TRIO concert will be held in the Town Hall Square at 22:00 hours. Then, on the same stage, a concert will be given by the SPIRIT RHYTHM BAND sextet, while at 24:00 hours, finished, it will continue with recorded music, the LINDY HOP EXCHANGE 2012, with the dance of professional Swing dancers and amateurs who wish it.
– September 22 will continue the TOLEDO LINDY HOP EXCHANGE 2012, will have free swing-incision classes for 45 minutes in the square of Zocodover from 13.00 hours. Afterwards, there will be some acoustic parades performed by the SPIRIT RHYTHM BAND sextet, through the central streets of historic Toledo from 18.00 hours onwards. Subsequently, the concert TRACEY REID QUINTETO is scheduled to take place in the Town Hall Square at 22:00 hours, followed by a concert on the same stage for the formation of the sextet MADFOUR DIXIE while at 24:00 hours, finished this, will continue with recorded music, the LINDY HOP EXCHANGE 2012, with the dance of professional Swing dancers and amateurs who wish it.
– September 23 in the Plaza del Ayuntamiento will install a musical park of handcrafted instruments and large format, for use and enjoyment of children, with didactic character on jazz. The schedule scheduled from 11.00 to 14.00 and 16.00 to 19.00. Also that day from 13:00 hours in the Plaza de Zocodover swing music and dance.
All scheduled performances and concerts are free of charge. The Department of Culture and Education has provided places to accommodate attendees in case of rain whose entry will be until full capacity.
Source Toledo City Council