A number of cultural activities will take place in Toledo during these May days. Below are links to the programmes of activities prepared for Museum Day (with very interesting activities in Toledo), the XVII International Music Festival and the Toledo TEA Festival.
International Day of the Museums of Castilla-La Mancha. May 18th.
- Hospital San Juan Bautista (Hospital Tavera), Duque de Lerma 2. 925220451, Free Opening. Timetable: 10-14.30 h and from 15.00 to 18.30 h.
- Museo Sefardí, Samuel Leví, S/N. 925223665 Opening hours: 9.30 a.m. to 8 p.m. *.
- Museo Ejército, Unión, S/N. 925238800 Theatrical visit and thematic visits. *
- Real Fundación Toledo, Pza Victorio Macho, 2 925284225. Roca Tarpeya in memory. See separate programme. Free entrance from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
* Museums with their own programme.
Note ” Night of the Museums” : on Saturday 14 May the Museums of La Judería, Museo del Greco, Museo Sefardí and Real Fundación de Toledo-Museo Victorio Macho come together to celebrate the ” Night of the Museums” . For this year tales, legends and melodies can be heard, the Synagogue can be contemplated and the gardens of the Museo del Greco and those of Roca Tarpeya can be taken for a walk with the extraordinary opening from 21 to 24 hours.
And with diverse activities in the Museum of Santa Cruz in Toledo. Consult the programme.
Sure you’re also interested: 10 things to do in Toledo during Christmas (Updated 2018/2019)
XVII Toledo International Music Festival
Nine concerts in Toledo from 14 May to 11 June 2011. On Saturday 14 May at 20.30 hours in the Cultural Center of CCM we highlight the opening concert ” Mission: Amazonian Baroque” by Sphera Antiqva, with instruments directly from the Amazon jungle, such as bajones and jerures de hoja de palma. Indigenous percussions and more surprises.
More information and complete program in this link.
Toledo Escena Abierta (TEA) Theatre Festival
The Nedjma Group in collaboration with the Theatre Department of the Círculo de Arte de Toledo organise the TEA Theatre Festival ” Toledo Escena Abierta” – 7th edition with 9 companies dressing Toledo Theatre between 12 and 22 May with 9 avant-garde and independent shows. All the information about TEA here.
Not forgetting that all this week in Zocodover follows the ” Book Fair” .