Exceptionally this year, the Patios of Toledo, apart from the Great Week of Corpus Christi 2014, will be open to the public (some of them), on the occasion of the IV Centenary of the death of El Greco, with exhibitions of painting and music, on Friday 9 and Saturday 10 May. Find out more about the programme below.
The Association of Friends of the Patios of Toledo wanted to join this important event for Toledo. Thirteen patios will be open for visits on Friday 9 and Saturday 10, such as Espacios Greco, with exhibitions of paintings alluding to Greco, as well as music from his time. Likewise, in the Callejón de San Pedro, will have in the street a mural with a copy of the Greco, the painting Las Lágrimas de San Pedro, you can admire their courtyards through the gates, old modality toledana, which exhibited their patios all year round, by a Municipal Ordinance of 1900.
One of the paintings that Pepe Morán will exhibit in the courtyard of Calle Sixto Ramón Parro, 9
- Friday 9th of May: from 18:00 to 22:00 h.
- Saturday 10th of May: from 12:00 to 14:00 h. and from 18:00 to 22:00 h.
- Plaza de Santa Teresa, 1: Exhibition of Mª Luisa Martín-Delgado (oils and installations).
- Calle de la Merced, 6: Exhibition of López Romeral (oils. Homage to El Greco).
- Calle de la Merced, 13: Exhibition of students at the Mª Luisa Martín-Delgado Workshop (copies of works by El Greco).
- Calle de Tendillas, 4: Exhibition by Juan Antonio Sánchez Gómez (iron-sculptures).
- Plaza Amador de los Ríos, 2: Exhibition of “Chirinos” (oil paintings. Living nature and homage to El Greco).
- Calle de la Hermandad, 6 (Posada de la Hermandad): Exhibition of Eusebio Hernández Cabello (sculpture and painting).
- Calle Sixto Ramón Parro, 9: Exhibition by Pepe Morán (oil paintings, homage to El Greco).
- Calle de San Miguel, 3: Exhibition of Boris Lugovskoy (oil paintings).
I’m sure you’re also interested: Corpus Christi Toledo 2018. Information and programme of activities
- Calle de la Merced, 7: Audiovisual “Las manos del Greco”, Friday and Saturday 20:00 h.
- Plaza Colegio de Infantes, 13: Day 9: Audiovisual: El Greco.
- Calle de la Merced, 7: Concert by Alejandro Mora (piano), Friday and Saturday 20:00 h.
- Callejón del Abogado, 8 : Concert by Soledad Sánchez Palomo (piano). Day 9: 20:00 h. Day 10: 13:00 and 20:00 h
- Plaza Colegio de Infantes, 13: Day 10: concert by the group “El Patio”, traditional romances. 19:30 h.
- Calle de la Ciudad, 9: Picture “Christ saying goodbye to his Mother”, anonymous 19th century author, interpretation of El Greco’s work.
- Bajada del Pozo Amargo, 2: Cuadro “El Expolio”, author: Beato, interpretation of the work of El Greco.
In Callejón de San Pedro, the courtyards will be seen through the gates and in the centre of the alley a banner with the reproduction of “San Pedro” by El Greco.
Hand plan (PDF) with the participating patios.
Source Patios of Toledo