Discover all the activities of the biggest week in Toledo. The “Semana Grande” of Corpus Christi in Toledo, Fiestas of International Tourist Interest, is close by. On June 20, 2023, Thursday, the traditional procession of the “Corpus Christi “takes place.
An exceptional occasion to visit the most “decorated” Toledo and to enjoy the numerous festive activities prepared. We will tell you everything: details of the procession, concerts, Culturel activities, etc..
When is Corpus Christi in Toledo?
The year 2023 Corpus Christi is Thursday, June 20. During that week, numerous religious, festive and Culturel activities take place in Toledo’s Semana Grande. Here we tell you everything that will happen.
Poster Corpus Christi Toledo 2023, by Alfredo García del Río
Corpus Christi program of activities in Toledo (definitive)
Click here to download the Corpus 2023 program in Toledo in PDF.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12
20:00 h.: PREGON OF THE GREAT WEEK OF CORPUS CHRISTI 2023, by Mrs. Sagrario Martín-Caro Rodríguez.
FRIDAY, JUNE 14
DIVERSITAS FEST Desde las 12:30 horas; Talleres Infantiles, Juegos Populares, Exhibiciones de Zumba, CrossFit, Futbol Freestyle… Batukada, Monólogo “Jesús Arenas”, Teatro “Cecaptreres” y Conciertos de “Angely-yo” (Rap) y “Demorao”. Place: Plaza de Zocodover. Organised by: CECAP JOVEN. With the collaboration of: Toledo City Council
From 21:00 hours; “Alquimia Circus” and concerts of “Mamita Payaya”, “Dskarrila” and at 23:30 h.: “THE LOCOS”. Place: Town Hall Square. Organised by: CECAP JOVEN. With the collaboration of: Toledo City Council.
19:00 h.: BENEFICIAL FESTIVAL IN FAVOUR OF TOLEDO ASSOCIATION “MOTHER NETWORK”. Place: Teatro de Rojas. Organised by: Sociedad Arte and Toledo City Council.
22:15 h.: Benefit concert of the Banda Municipal de Música Ciudad de Toledo in favor of APANAS. “Film music for a film city”. Information and sale in Apanas. C/ Oslo, 20. On-line sale: www.marsodeto.com/apanas Place: Patio Museo del Ejército (Alcázar de Toledo). Organised by: Apanas. In collaboration with: Toledo City Council and Army Museum.
SATURDAY, JUNE 15
20:00 h.: Pasodobles Concert by the Music Unit of the Infantry Academy. Place: Plaza de Toros. Organised by: Infantry Academy. With the collaboration of: Toledo City Council.
21:00 h.: Inauguration of the Peraleda Fairgrounds. (From 15 to 23 June).
21:00 to 05:00 h.: MAXIMUM CORPUS. The most multitudinous Dance event in Catilla-La Mancha with the sessions of all the dj´s of the radio station Germán Pascual, Jose M Duro, Ramsés López, Enric Font and Arturo Grao.As guest DJ’s Abel Ramos, Albert Neve, Nayala Brown, Bjones, Daddy´s Groove and DJ Nano. Warm up of the Dj´s of the Maxima DJ Academy. Venue: “La Peraleda” Fairgrounds. Organised by: Máxima Toledo. Sponsored by: Toledo City Council.
SUNDAY, JUNE 16
13:00 to 23:30 h.: “808 / CMM Radio “Picnic Corpus with Cora Novoa”. An encounter with the best electronic music of the program “808 Radio” of the Radio of Castilla-La Mancha Media while you enjoy the day with the family and friends in the middle of the park of “La Vega”.
Place: Paseo de Merchán. Organised by: Castilla-La Mancha Media and Toledo City Council.
22:00 h.: VICTOR TREJO. Renacer” tour. Place: Plaza del Ayuntamiento. Organised by: Toledo City Council.
MONDAY, JUNE 17
22.00 h.: LUCÍA SANTIAGO. Classics of blues, soul and funky. Place: Plaza del Ayuntamiento. Organised by: Toledo City Council.
TUESDAY, JUNE 18
22:00 h.: “AZABACHE FLAMENCO”, with Eva María and Cristian Montilla. Place: Plaza del Ayuntamiento. Organised by: Toledo City Council.
The Custody of Arfe, passing through Zocodover in 2017. Photo: Valle Martín.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19
- 10:30 h.: FLORAL OFFERING of the CITY, presided by Mr. Archbishop.
- Place: Puerta de los Reyes de la Catedral Primada (Gate of the Kings of the Primate Cathedral). With the participation of the schools of the city.
- 19:30 h.: CABALGATA ANNOUNCER AND PARADE OF GIANTONS, accompanied by the famous “Tarasca” and the “Unión Musical Benquerencia”. Departure: Town Hall Square. Itinerary: The Processional Race.
- 22:00 h.: INAUGURATION OF THE PROCESSIONAL CAREER, by the Municipal Corporation preceded by the Pertiguero. With the participation of the Band “City of Toledo” and Young Music Band “Diego Ortiz”. Departure: Plaza del Ayuntamiento. Itinerary: The Processional Race.
- 22:30 h.: CONCERT LOS40 POP TOLEDO-CORPUS 2023. Mark Dayle, Ricky Merino, Nerea Rodríguez, Agoney, David LaFuente, Ana Mena, Maikel DelaCalle or Ana Guerra among others. Presented by Tony Aguilar, presenter of LOS40. Place: Paseo de Merchán. Organized by: LOS40 Toledo. Sponsored by: Toledo City Council.
- 23:30 h.: Verbena by the “VULKANO” Orchestra. Place: Plaza del Ayuntamiento. Organised by: Toledo City Council.
- 00:00 h.: Great Fireworks Show in charge of the Pyrotechnics “La Sagreña”. Place: Parata Norte del Alcázar. Organised by: Toledo City Council.
THURSDAY, JUNE 20
- 08:00 h.: Royal Bomb Fire.
- 09:00 h.: Parade of Gigantones and the famous “Tarasca”, accompanied by the Young Band “Diego Ortiz”. Departure: Plaza del Ayuntamiento Itinerary: El de la Carrera Procesional
- 10:00 h.: SANTA MISA IN THE SOLEMNITY OF CORPUS CHRISTI IN HISPANO-MOZÁRABE RITO, presided over by His Excellency and Reverend Monsignor D. BRAULIO RODRÍGUEZ PLAZA, Archbishop of Toledo, Primate of Spain, Superior in charge of the Hispano-Mozarabic Rite.
- 11:00 h.: SOLEMNE PROCESSION of the Most Holy Corpus Christi in the Custody of Arfe.
- Departure: S.I. Catedral Primada, Puerta Llana.
- 22:00: “ZARZUELÍSIMO”. The best Zarzuela romances accompanied by the Banda de Illescas. Place: Plaza del Ayuntamiento. Organised by: Toledo City Council.
- 22:00 h.: ETERNAL. Tribute to “MECANO”. Place: Paseo Merchán. Organised by: Toledo City Council.
FRIDAY, JUNE 21
- 21:00 h.: Concert by “MANOLO GARCÍA”. Place: Palacio de Congresos “El Greco”. Organised by: Galea Producciones S.L. Collaborated by: Toledo City Council.
- 22:00 h.: XXXIV FESTIVAL OF FLAMENCO “CITY OF TOLEDO”. Place: Plaza del Ayuntamiento. Organised by: Toledo City Council. With the collaboration of: Peña Flamenca “El Quejío”.
- 22:30 h.: CORPUS 2023 DIAL CHAIN CONCERT. CEPEDA” Concert. Artists Carlos Right and Tutto Durán will also perform. Venue: Paseo de Merchán Organised by: Cadena Dial Toledo. Sponsored by: Toledo City Council.
- 24:00 h.: ORCHESTRA “COLOURS”. Place: Recinto Ferial de la Peraleda. Organised by: Toledo City Council.
SATURDAY, JUNE 22
- 21:00 h.: “PINTURILLA Y LA PANDILLA VAINILLA”, children’s musical. Place: Plaza del Ayuntamiento. Organised by: Toledo City Council.
- 22:00 h.: Concert “LUIS FONSI”. Life World Tour. Place: Plaza de Toros. Organised by: Toledo City Council.
- 00:00 h.: Great Verbena by the Orchestra “JAGUAR”. Place: Plaza de Zocodover. Organised by: Toledo City Council.
SUNDAY, JUNE 23
- From 11:30 to 14:00 h.: “TITIRITOLDO 2023”. Children’s activities by the company “ETR”. Itinerary: Zocodover Square – Town Hall Square. Organised by: Toledo City Council.
- 21:00 h.: “CANDELA Y SON”. Place: Plaza del Ayuntamiento. Organised by: Toledo City Council.
- 22:00 h.: PACO CANDELA. MY WORLD TOUR 2023. Place: Plaza de Toros Organized by: Carcama Espectáculos. In collaboration with: Toledo City Council.
- 00:00 h.: Great Fireworks Show in charge of the Pyrotechnics “La Sagreña”. Venue: “La Peraleda” Exhibition Centre.
Processional route Corpus in Toledo (Source: Toledo City Council)
CONCERTS Corpus Christi
As of May 15 we know the following information about the Concerts for Corpus Christi in Toledo 2023:
- MAXIMAFM CORPUS. Saturday 15 June. With Germán Pascual, Jose M Duro, Ramsés López, Enric Font, Arturo Grao, Albert Neve, Abel Ramos, Nalaya Brown, Bjones, Daddy’s Groove and DJ Nano.
- ANA GUERRA. June 19. Concert by Los40 with Ana Mena, Mark Dayle, Ricky Merino, Nerea Rodriguez, Agoney, David LaFuente or Maikel DelaCalle, among others.
- CEPEDA. June 21. Concert by Cadena Dial with Carlos Right and Tutto Durán.
- MANOLO GARCÍA. 21 June at 21:00 hours. Auditorio El Greco (Miradero) Tickets sold out.
- LUIS FONSI. 22 June at 22:00, in the Plaza de Toros. Ticket price: 30 euros on the track and 25 euros in the stands.
Where to stay in Toledo to enjoy Corpus Christi
Corpus is most enjoyed the night before Corpus. Culturel activities, concerts, parades… If you sleep in Toledo you will discover another Corpus. And we’ll make it easy for you with this accommodation offer finder – book early!
Find a hotel in Toledo
You can consult the following offers or click here and look for other dates with good prices in Hotels, hostels and tourist apartments in Toledo.
Toledo Corpus awnings
Toledo “gets long” to receive the Corpus Christi feast. A full programme of events has been organised to complete the procession that this year parades through the streets, under awnings and with the aroma of thyme and incense.
Next May 31, the city will once again celebrate Corpus Christi, its largest festival, only on Thursdays, as was the tradition. Several years ago the “additional” Sunday procession was eliminated.
Installation of the Corpus 2023 awnings on Hombre de Palo street in Toledo. Photo: Pepe García.